UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 25th Sep 2011, 10:54 pm   #1
Pamphonica
Nonode

Default Harpenden - thanks Mike & team

Just a quick thank-you from me for all the effort that goes into making the Harpenden event work. I had a fine day out with friends and even bought a few bits.

My sympathies to Mike and the team, who slave for days to lot up and transport all the auction goodies, just to be met with us bunch of tightwads!
But a lot of stuff was shifted and the BVWS has the benefit.

Sorry I couldn't find more to buy - between two of us we did have a real boot full though!

all the best
Jeremy
Old 26th Sep 2011, 8:53 am   #2
Ian B
Hexode

Default Re: Harpenden - thanks Mike & team

I second Jeremy's sentiments. I'd have bought a lot more, but all the radios going for low prices were ones I already have (and paid a great deal more for )

Ian
Old 26th Sep 2011, 9:05 am   #3
ppppenguin
Retired Dormant Member

I would like to thank all those who contributed generously to the Bring and Buy. We raised several hundred pounds for the Vintage Wireless Museum.

A special thankyou to Peter and Edward who worked very hard running the stall.
Old 26th Sep 2011, 10:27 am   #4
David Simpson
Nonode

I'll echo the other guys thanks. And particular thanks for Jeremy's kindness in finding me another Ferranti 145 Jellymould.

Regards, David
Old 26th Sep 2011, 11:16 am   #5
Andrewausfa
Octode

I'll add another Ekco to Jeremys words.

I'd also like to thank the gentleman working with Jeffrey on the B&B stand, whose name I didn't catch, who kindly took the time to show me around my oscilloscope.

Andrew
Old 26th Sep 2011, 11:26 am   #6
ppppenguin
Retired Dormant Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewausfa View Post
I'd also like to thank the gentleman working with Jeffrey on the B&B stand, whose name I didn't catch, who kindly took the time to show me around my oscilloscope.
That was Edward, known as Brased in this forum. Very fine fellow who not only works hard on the B&B but gives a lot of time and effort to the Amberley Museum.
Closed Thread