UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 17th Nov 2019, 3:46 am   #1
FStephenMasek
Pentode

Default Valve suppliers?

Do you have a favorite valve supplier? In the USA, I often find that Bob Dobush at findatube.com has excellent prices, and always sends good products. Hopefully, there is a similar supplier in Europe.
Old 17th Nov 2019, 9:39 am   #2
Craig Sawyers
Dekatron

Default Re: Valve suppliers?

https://www.langrex.co.uk/
Old 17th Nov 2019, 11:34 am   #3
M0FYA Andy
Nonode

I agree, Langrex.
I was recently searching for some obscure spark-gap 'valves', used in WW2 radar, why I didn't start with Langrex I don't know, but after searching everywhere else I contacted them, they had as many as I needed at an acceptable price.
Andy
Old 17th Nov 2019, 11:52 am   #4
mickm3for
Heptode

Hi. I use PM components in Sittingbourne kent as I can pick them up, about 4 miles from me Mick
Old 17th Nov 2019, 5:32 pm   #5
G6Tanuki
Dekatron

RS Components have a range of the more-popular valves (12AT7/12AU7/12AX7, EL84 etc) at prices that are quite reasonable.

Billington - http://www.tube-and-valve-electronic.../stocklist.asp - are worth a look too: they stock a range of EEV and Eimac/Varian RF power valves.
Old 17th Nov 2019, 8:06 pm   #6
John10b
Nonode

Watfordvalves.com have a good range of valves.
Cheers
John
Old 17th Nov 2019, 8:25 pm   #7
high_vacuum_house
Octode

Smile Re: Valve suppliers?

I find Mike Lewis in Luton very good for most standard valves. Often frequents BVWS, Radiophile and radio rally events as well and has a good selection of vintage radio and television hardware as well.

Christopher Capener
Old 18th Nov 2019, 12:37 am   #8
Argus25
No Longer a Member

The supplier I use in Europe (Brussels) is Halfin. They have in storage warehouses all kinds of interesting valve types and CRT's and semiconductors and can usually acquire the most obscure items I need too. I have been dealing with them for well over a decade if not 20 years. I have not seen them mentioned much on restoration websites, so its probably about time I "let the cat out of the bag". I found them a long time ago searching for vintage CRT's:

https://halfin.com
Closed Thread