UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 18th Jun 2007, 8:16 pm   #1
XTC
Retired Dormant Member

Default Solartron VM1484 True RMS voltmeter

I've just acquired a Solartron VM1484 True RMS voltmeter. It almost works, that is, it fires up and gives a reading within about 25% of what's expected on all ranges. I guess that it's in sore need of recalibrating and probably has a few precision resistors which are no longer precision. In other words, it needs a good going over.

Can anyone help with a service manual and cct diagram or even just setup instructions?

Pete.
Old 19th Jun 2007, 11:58 am   #2
GMB
Dekatron

Default Re: Solartron VM1484 True RMS voltmeter

The manual is now available from my web site:

http://home.btconnect.com/gmb

Sorry about the quality but the original copy I have turned out to be not very good.

By the way, I think this voltmeter may have gone out under different badges too.
Old 19th Jun 2007, 12:19 pm   #3
XTC
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Solartron VM1484 True RMS voltmeter

Thank you very much.

The manual is a lot better than wading in with heroic guesswork.

If I come across a better copy, I'll let you know.

From the manual, it uses a Weston Instruments patent and Solartron and Weston Instruments were both part of Schlumberger at that time, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was rebadged or built under licence in other countries.

Pete.
Closed Thread