UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Jul 2017, 5:35 pm   #21
chriswood1900
Octode

Default Re: Weller DS801 temperature setting.

I have found a thermocouple that works with a DMM I will try this in a few days and report back. I just need to make sure it has good contact.
Chris
Old 23rd Jul 2017, 6:44 pm   #22
Refugee
Dekatron

Thermocouples tend not to tin if dipped into molten solder so you can just poke it into a blob on the end of the iron and it should come out clean when done.
Old 23rd Jul 2017, 9:52 pm   #23
Oldcodger
Nonode

Out of curiosity ( with thought in mind that a different search might find something), I came up with possibly the same as everyone else, except for this one
https://www.electronicspoint.com/thr...-repair.71146/
One reply on there suggests that one site /user has some Weller Tech library items. Unfortunately the web page referred to is not available and it's a different model, but, might be worth an ask.
Closed Thread