UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Jul 2017, 8:35 pm   #1
setareh
Retired Dormant Member

Default Help: National Panasonic SG 1070L stopped playing audio.

Hello all.
This is my first time here and first time owning a vintage record player/cassette player. My knowledge of this topic is very limited, so disclaimer and apologies.

Was very happy with this deck, the sound and all components worked nicely when I hooked it up to my logitech speakers (through the phones input).
Today I got some old JVC speakers that worked fine. Bought the pin plug to insert the speaker wire into the rear inputs for the sound. It worked briefly and then something popped loudly and now no sound anymore
Not even when I plug in the first pair of speakers.

When I turn on the phono I can hear the record playing softly, as in the grooves make sound. Nothing else works anymore.

Please, any input?
Old 21st Jul 2017, 11:44 pm   #2
'LIVEWIRE?'
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Help: National Panasonic SG 1070L stopped playing audio.

Are you sure you wired the pin (?DIN) speaker plugs correctly, in particular making certain, preferably by sleeving one of the two wires, that no short circuit would ensue? It's possible that internal fuse(s) have blown, which, if you're lucky, wil be all that's wrong. If you're not so lucky, the output stage, which may be an IC, could well have failed.
Old 22nd Jul 2017, 6:40 am   #3
Diabolical Artificer
Dekatron

Default Re: Help: National Panasonic SG 1070L stopped playing audio.

Unplug it, take the back off and look for burnt or blown component's. While your at it take some good pictures and post here. Does the front light up/cassette work?

Being a music centre you've probably blown a fuse that protects the amplifier, hopefully.

Andy.