UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 20th Jul 2017, 10:44 pm   #1
boombox
Pentode

Default Connecting Ri Pi to PSTN

Just realise (duh) that my Linksys PAP2T-NA is not going to allow me to connect my Ri Pi running Asterisk (currently downloading) to the PSTN. Do I need a SPA3102 for this? Is this the cheapest option?

Many thanks!
Old 21st Jul 2017, 12:06 am   #2
Graham G3ZVT
Dekatron

Default Re: Connecting Ri Pi to PSTN

Yes, or alternatively the older SPA-3000 is just as good, It's what I use.

Graham.
G3ZVT
Old 21st Jul 2017, 9:01 am   #3
arjoll
Dekatron

Something like a Yeastar TA410 would do this, although with four FXO ports it may be overkill for a small install. They are relatively cheap though.
Old 21st Jul 2017, 12:09 pm   #4
Graham G3ZVT
Dekatron

Of course what we should really be doing is porting our landline numbers out to a VoIP provider, but but that would cease my line and the ADSL.

As I understand it, if the gaining provider specifies the correct "product", the line would be renumbered, not ceased, and the ADSL would not be disturbed.

As far as I can see, providers like voipfone do not offer this, and still warn that your line and any service on it will stop if you port the number.

Has anyone got an experience at variants to this?

Graham.
G3ZVT
Old 21st Jul 2017, 1:51 pm   #5
boombox
Pentode

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1152 View Post
Yes, or alternatively the older SPA-3000 is just as good, It's what I use.
hmmm where are you guys sourcing your adaptors from? The only one I can find on eBay that isn't from China is from the Netherlands. Item number 263037465766.

What I'd really like is a device with four or six FXS ports and one FXO port for about £100. Am I dreaming?
Old 21st Jul 2017, 8:00 pm   #6
Pellseinydd
Heptode

Not a bad price for an SPA3000 - I've always ordered from the Far East for over ten years and had no problem. Bear in mind that you get an FXS and an FXO port which works out at £15 a line - I usually reckon under £20 per line isn't too bad. When buying always ask if they are 'unlocked' and try to get a UK 3 pin PSU rather than 'a two pin (US/EU) one with a travel adapter'
Closed Thread