UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 5th Jun 2017, 4:46 pm   #1
greenstar
Octode

Default TV's and radios in Leicester

An old established theatre in Leicester is clearing it's store as it's being sold under them, and selling off some of the contents. Viewing and sale is by appointment and through the grapevine. I've been and rescued a couple of things, but there is more. It's been cherry picked of course (I heard through a dealer friend). There are several radios left, 1930's to 40's, nothing fantastic, and they have some valves and backs missing. There are also a couple of TV's left, one definitely valve and no back, another with back and couldn't see inside. I'm sorry, but can't say more as viewing is a whistle stop experience, things are inaccessible and I only just had time to get round myself. I will try to go back as I still have to collect a couple of things and will take photos if possible.
How it works is you make an appointment to view, you put stickers on, and then arrange to go back, collect and pay. Cost is minimum £5 donation for a smaller thing.
Drawback is they are in an upstairs warren with access down numerous stairways plus difficult town centre parking down a one way street blocked at the end! If anyone is interested PM me and I will pass on the telephone number - forum members only.
Tony
Old 14th Jun 2017, 5:56 pm   #2
greenstar
Octode

Default Re: TV's and radios in Leicester

I went back and retrieved one radio. There are a few and TV's left. I had only a few moments and the photos are not as good as I expected as there was little light - they are tweaked slightly. There's at least one valve TV, but it's back is off and may be valves missing. The remaining radios appear not to have backs, and mostly have one or two valves gone. The last shot, very dim, shows a 50's radio gram. Sorry, but there was not the light or time to note models.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060552imp.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	144495   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060554imp.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	144496   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060556imp.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	144497   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060558imp.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	144498   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060560imp.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	144499  

Old 14th Jun 2017, 7:28 pm   #3
Stuart R
Heptode

Excuse me for hijacking the thread, but if anyone can identify the set in picture 4, I'd be grateful.

I've got one here; it's a battery set and it says Ever Ready on the back cover, but nothing else. I've been using the service sheet for the Model K Portable as the chassis looks the same.

The knobs on the theatre's one don't look original, they're not like the ones on mine.

Thanks.

SR
Old 14th Jun 2017, 8:48 pm   #4
neil24-7
Tetrode

Picture 4 looks like a model T, knobs are different (smaller), some nice radio's waiting to be saved

Last edited by neil24-7; 14th Jun 2017 at 8:50 pm. Reason: add text
Old 14th Jun 2017, 8:50 pm   #5
greenstar
Octode

If I go back I will have a look. I think they have until September. I am already fighting myself not to. I don't know why I didn't save that set in pic 2! It won't be for a couple of weeks though, and I think the main wave of buyers have been through.
Old 14th Jun 2017, 9:13 pm   #6
Stuart R
Heptode

Thanks Neil, mine is now identified as a Model T.

Regards, Stuart.
Old 14th Jun 2017, 9:34 pm   #7
neil29
Heptode

Hi Tony, Is the valve set in the first picture still available? it seems to be an A640 ish type chassis and I could do with some bits for the ones I have.

Cheers
Neil.
Old 15th Jun 2017, 10:26 am   #8
greenstar
Octode

Hi Neil, this is the TV? I believe it is available - as is the radio in photo 2. I have to say, I am not offering to go and get it or mail it anywhere! Sorry, but this does involve getting the sets out of the store - carrying through a couple of congested rooms and down two flights of stairs with tricky parking. But if you can get there I can give you the phone number of the contact - who won't help carry (bad back)! Hope this helps.
Tony
Old 15th Jun 2017, 6:26 pm   #9
neil29
Heptode

Hi Tony, I wasn't expecting you to collect the set as I'm prepared to do that. all I wanted was confirmation that it was still there and that I can pick the set up whenever its convenient for them.

Thanks
Neil.
Old 15th Jun 2017, 9:29 pm   #10
greenstar
Octode

Hi Neil, yes, if you PM me I can give you the contact's phone number. You will then need to arrange a time to go, and it should be possible to take anything away then so long as you check with them. They are saying a £5 - 10 donation for most items. If you need a hand I could possibly help - it's difficult enough with a medium size radio.
Tony
Old 18th Jun 2017, 1:33 am   #11
neil29
Heptode

Hi Tony, You have a PM.

Cheers
Neil.
Closed Thread