UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Offered (offers only, replying disabled)

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Offered (offers only, replying disabled) If you offer repair or restoration services please post a thread here. You cannot reply to threads here, please use Private Message to make contact.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Mar 2020, 6:03 pm   #1
Electronpusher0
Nonode

Default AVO meter replacement glass cut to size.

I intially offered this in the "Sets parts and service information offered" section but am posting here at the suggestion of moderator Bill.

There have been several threads recently enquiring about replacement glass for AVO meters.
As making stained glass panels is another hobby of mine, I am a reasonably competent glass cutter.
I also needed to make a glass for an AVO 8 Mk3 I own so have been practicing making a couple of replacement glasses from old picture frame glass (as suggested on another thread). I attach photos of the one I made for my AVO (after fitting) and the spare I made.

I am now confident I can make these and decided to offer to make them to order on the forum.

They cost £5 including postage within the UK, I can ship abroad but the postage will be at cost.

I have templates for the AVO 7, early AVO 8 and 9, Model D, Model 46A and the AVO 8 Mk 5 (the plastic case version which uses a different glass)
I also have a template for the glass for the 2 panel AVO valve tester.
Any other sizes I will need a template supplied, either posted or scanned but if scanned please include the dimensions so I can print it the correct size.

Please be careful if you buy any as they will have very sharp edges, it is possible to dull the edge with a file but you risk setting up a stress point that can crack later.

I can cut straight lines and curves and indeed recently cut a full circle to fit a compass but cannot cut holes at this time. If there is a demand for glass with holes I will look into how I can do this.

Peter
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200314_112031[1].jpg
Views:	258
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	201412   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200314_114351[1].jpg
Views:	257
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	201413   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200319_100604[1].jpg