UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 12th Oct 2018, 5:40 pm   #1
JonGray
Retired Dormant Member

Default Dynatron Mazurka

Does anybody know how much this would be worth?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20151106_182155.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	170776  
Old 12th Oct 2018, 7:36 pm   #2
ben
Dekatron

Default Re: Dynatron Mazurka

Straight to the point there ;-)

Seriously now, the best idea is to look on ebay and check completed listings -to see what similar kit (ie.e restored/unrestored/working/non working...whatever is your case) has actually sold for.

Pay no attention to what people are asking as that means nothing.
Old 12th Oct 2018, 8:17 pm   #3
Paul_RK
Dekatron

I've not been watching such items with a view to having a sense of their cash value these days, but I think the usual turntable for this Mazurka model was the Garrard 4HF, which may or may not make a substantial (positive) difference to its worth as compared with, say, a Hacker Serenade, never mind later Dynatron players which shared the Mazurka name.

Paul
Old 12th Oct 2018, 10:12 pm   #4
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

I can't quite see if this system does have a Garrard 4HF turntable, but it it does, you can soon search on ebay for what these turntables alone are listed for.
I have seen them listed for up to £300.00. That does not mean they sell for that.
Your complete Mazurka stereophonic system is rare and I, and many other Members, I am sure, will appreciate its quality.
As for what you can sell it for, I really don't know. There is a very limited market for those who would fully appreciate this very capable valved system.
Old 13th Oct 2018, 12:02 am   #5
AC/HL
Dekatron

Google images suggests that the version with the 4HF has a different veneer, but a clearer and unmasked photo would help to decide.
Old 13th Oct 2018, 12:13 am   #6
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.

Yes Ben no preliminaries-that must be what we are here for?

Superficially it looks very similar to the EKCO 9 Octave Stereo System that I have ie a Primary Record Player on legs [sound baffles underneath] and a [rare] separate unit for Stereo, also on legs. Was the Marzuka Contemporary or later I wonder?

Dave W
Old 14th Oct 2018, 12:04 pm   #7
John10b
Nonode

There is a full description of this RP on Vintage Audio Workshop, with video, I only found it by doing a search. It seems an excellent RP, but I have no idea how much it is worth.
Cheers
John
Old 14th Oct 2018, 2:13 pm   #8
Paul_RK
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by John10b View Post
There is a full description of this RP on Vintage Audio Workshop, with video, I only found it by doing a search.
To save others the trouble,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-dyF9kUvf4

The parts of the Mazurka featured there wound up going their separate ways, a common fate I suppose given the demand both for valve amplifiers, even quite modest ones as here, and for certain Garrard decks, whilst there's not much demand at all for a good floor-standing early '60s record player.

I have a Dynatron Mazurka myself, which will stay intact while I have any say in the matter, and the link gives a handy summary of the repair work that's likely to be appropriate for its amplifier. A similar Mazurka was the player used in the music room of my first secondary school, 1970-72: hard to say much about its audio quality from memory, not least as the music master had a way of regularly dousing his discs with some or other fluid system that resulted in LPs having a continual surface hiss as though they'd been pressed in shellac.
Old 15th Oct 2018, 5:20 am   #9
Michael Maurice

I have one of these, it uses a Collaro Studio turntable.

http://www.michaelmauricerepairs.co.uk/
Old 15th Oct 2018, 8:06 am   #10
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

A couple of hundred if it's got a 4HF turnbtable, maybe £75 if not.

But as everyone says, it's a very nice machine and worth hanging onto if you like that kind of thing.

I have one, but minus the add-on speaker and amp sub-chassis which bolts onto the main chassis.

N.
Closed Thread