UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 24th Apr 2018, 8:41 pm   #1
DPUGH72
Triode

Default Cossor oscilloscope CDU 130

I have just acquired a Cossor CDU 130 oscilloscope portable mains/battery powered. When I plug in the mains lead all that happens is the mains light is on, on the front panel, but the scope panel light and the scope itself does not come on. I found 1 diode on the circuit panel shorted, which I replaced, but still the same. If anyone could advise me as to a possible cause, or where I could get a circuit diagram or service repair manual. I believe the scope switches on by the switch for the timebase and I checked with an ohmmeter, seems OK here.?
Old 24th Apr 2018, 9:35 pm   #2
WME_bill
Octode

Default Re: Cossor oscilloscope cdu 130

CDU130. Yes, I saw that one on ebay. But I have been looking for a circuit for years, without any success. Introduced around 1970 but was not a big seller I suspect.
Cossor produced the CDU110 in 1966, one of the earliest all transistor oscilloscopes, which formed the basis for the very common CDU150/CT531 for MoD in 1968/69,and its civilian variation CDU120.
Much later in 1972, came the CDU160 (later called 3100) which started as 35Mhz, upgraded later to 50Mhz dual trace, dual TB. And then the 4000 and 4100, a 75Mhz DT/DTB of 1973, probably the last model before they abandoned the scope business.
I have the manuals for all these models. They are all dual trace 20Mhz to 50Mhz, dual TB .

The CDU130 was 1968/69, with another designer I believe, and a 15Mhz, Single trace, single TB portable model. I doubt if there will be much similarity with the other models. You could try the readily available manual for the CDU150, but I think you will have to trace out the circuits yourself.
Start on the power supply, forgetting the battery charging bit, and see how you go.
wme_bill.

Last edited by WME_bill; 24th Apr 2018 at 10:00 pm.
Old 25th Apr 2018, 5:35 am   #3
DPUGH72
Triode

Default Re: Cossor oscilloscope cdu 130

. I will try the manual for the cdu150 to see if it gives me any clues. Had noticed a large capacitor dated 1968. so I was guessing it was from around that time. i will just keep trying. Thanks WME Bill
Closed Thread