UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 31st Jul 2013, 7:17 pm   #21
Philips Fan
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: The Philips Style 70 Chassis

Thanks for this info Daz. I will put it on the website.
Regards
Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzlevision View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philips Fan View Post
So what replaced the Style 70 (seems the 150 was its forerunner) was it the 300 series?

Cheers

Robert
Hello,

The Style 70 chassis was replaced by the Philips 210 series sets (such as the G19T210A, etc), which was introduced (IIRC) in 1967 and used:

a six pushbutton integrated UHF/VHF tuner (of Philips/Mullard manufacture)

tuner initially used Germanium transistors (with a small AGC translator PCB on it) but later used a Silicon tuner, with no AGC PCB

Solenoid operated system switch

Silicon transistorised IF strip

Otherwise, the circuitry was similar to the Style 70 in the audio amp, video amp/sync separator and and both timebases.

Most circuitry was on a large horizontally mounted PCB

Frame oscillator and output on a small vertically mounted PCB.

LOPT (hard wired in) and EHT rectifier located in a metal cage on bottom right hand side (and an integral part) of chassis.

Regards,

Dazzlevision
Old 31st Jul 2013, 9:56 pm   #22
Lloyd 1985
Nonode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus Diode View Post

Any chance of a photo of it please?

Cheers,
Brian
Hi,
Yes

It's not in great condition, cabinet is swollen from being soaked at the local tip! It was left face down on a pile of old TV's in the open on a very rainy day And I left it there on the first day I saw it, then went back to get it the next day after I decided I needed some spare valves for another set. I'm pleased I didn't do what I was going to do to it - trash it for parts then dump it again! Just wish I'd saved a few more of the sets on the pile that day, quite a few vintage sets had been dumped, mostly 70's ones.

First pic shows it working on 625 lines, second pic shows it playing 'Lost' on 405 lines via the Aurora.

A quick search of the model no. on here should hopefully bring up my old thread on reviving this set

Regards,
Lloyd.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2009_0329Image0072.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	82444   Click image for larger version

Name:	2009_07260021.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	82445  
Old 1st Aug 2013, 12:21 pm   #23
Focus Diode
Octode

Cheers Lloyd, your thread rings a bell. This must be an earlier example as the one I remember was black and silver. The layout is the same though the three user controls were horizontal above the VHF tuner.

Nice to know there's an example of these sets that works.
Cheers,
Brian
Closed Thread