UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 9th Jan 2011, 10:43 pm   #1
HMV 1120
Hexode

Default Not a boatanchor but a fishing float?

http://www.thisisguernsey.com/2009/1...ross-atlantic/

I realise its old news now but thought this might be of interest to you all. Given the fact it floats and a crank is mentioned I guess its an old 500/8326 lifeboat set? Anyone on here recognise it, or remember losing one on the other side of the Atlantic?

Kind regards,

Robs
Old 9th Jan 2011, 10:48 pm   #2
murphyv310
Dekatron

Default Re: Not a boatanchor but a fishing float?

It is quite amazing that it hasn't been attacked by corrosion, perhaps the sea creatures that attached themselves to the set protected it in some way.
Good Story.
Old 10th Jan 2011, 1:56 pm   #3
Coastwatch
Retired Dormant Member

Good find, I hope you don't mind but I have re-posted on a shipping forum I am a member of, just awaiting their humorous comments
Old 10th Jan 2011, 11:16 pm   #4
HMV 1120
Hexode

Certainly not, although I can't take any credit for the article. I stumbled across it whilst trying to identify a lump sitting here (turns out to be an antenna reel/brake assembly from a similar dingy set, the T-1333).

With regards the set in the article, I don't suppose it might have the ships callsign on the keying cam as well as SOS and DF keying?
Robs
Closed Thread