UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 12th Sep 2019, 7:31 am   #21
Tim
Dekatron

Default Re: Dansette Dilemma

Hi Edward/John.
The sliding wedge bit is parallel with the front of the deck and facing to the left, which is normal as far as I remember. I’ll check the mountings et. and try a scientific wiggle.
Old 12th Sep 2019, 11:05 am   #22
ms660
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Hi Edward/John.
The sliding wedge bit is parallel with the front of the deck and facing to the left, which is normal as far as I remember. I’ll check the mountings et. and try a scientific wiggle.
Sounds like it's pointing the wrong way, if it's located ok in the hub check the notch in the top of the hub, the notch should be pointing to the center of the cam gear...

Lawrence.
Old 12th Sep 2019, 12:26 pm   #23
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

On a BSR UA14, and from memory, it should be in the 2 o'clock postion, not parallel to the deck plate.