UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 27th May 2015, 3:06 pm   #1
G4XWDJim
Octode

Default QSL International reply coupons FOC

Should this posting be in the wrong place mods please move it.

I recently discovered that I have 6 of these, each one of 44 Indian Rupees which is worth 44 pence each the currency converter tells me.

Never sent QSL cards much even when I was active so don't know whether they are still used or even worth anything.

Any amateur or SWL like them? Just in case there's a demand I'll put names in a hat.

Jim G4XWD
Old 27th May 2015, 4:35 pm   #2
G6Tanuki
Dekatron

Default Re: QSL International reply coupons FOC

Are they dated? It's ages since I last used one but deep in the bowels of my memory, they have a "use-by" date.
Old 27th May 2015, 5:19 pm   #3
G4XWDJim
Octode

Good thinking. Some are September 06 the others October 06. Now you've mentioned dates I seem to recall reading once that the same IRCs could be sent backwards and forwards for years.

I really don't know having never used them. I did send some QSL cards once. I made a pack about a hundred thick in my early CW days and sent them by the bureau. Once they went that was it. I must be rare DX now!

Jim
Old 27th May 2015, 5:48 pm   #4
dsergeant
Octode

IRCs now are issued every three years and have an expiry date. The current issue expires on 31/12/2017 - none of the previous issues are now valid as the previous issue expired on 31/12/14. UK post offices no longer sell IRCs but you can exchange them if they are still valid - they can be exchanged for stamps at the lowest airmail rate to the overseas country, they cannot be exchanged for cash.

Your ones stamped 2006 are I am afraid not valid and worth nothing.

Dave
Old 27th May 2015, 6:56 pm   #5
G4XWDJim
Octode

Thanks Dave, they were headed for the bin before I thought someone could maybe use them so their temporary respite is over and off to the bin they go.

Jim

Mods you can probably bin this thread too, thanks.
Closed Thread