UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps) If you need help obtaining components, sets or equipment, post a message here. Private buyers only - no traders. No swaps.

Old 25th Sep 2021, 9:45 am   #1
dragonser
Heptode

Default Replacement mains connector for Decca 82 512 colour pattern generator

Hi,
I long while ago I got hold of a Decca 82 512 Colour Pattern generator.
( also by Korting )
But it didn't come with a mains lead. It is a 2 pin rectangular cable.
I have worked out it would be good to replace the mains input connector with a filtered iec type connector. then I could use a more standard cable.
if anyone has done this, could they let me know where they got a replacement connector from ? I seem to remember that farnell did one that would fit, but I didn't make a note of the part number.
I can supply photos over the weekend if needed.
Old 25th Sep 2021, 9:57 am   #2
Restoration73
Nonode

Default Re: replacement mains connector for Decca 82 512 colour pattern generator

Hi Peter

I don't know of a 2 pin filtered IEC as the metal case is required for the earth ;

https://uk.farnell.com/schaffner/fn9...vac/dp/2336599
Restoration73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Sep 2021, 8:08 pm   #3
andrewn
Pentode

Default Re: replacement mains connector for Decca 82 512 colour pattern generator

I've got the same pattern generator and fitted an unfiltered IEC connector in mine. I salvaged the connector from an old pc power supply. I've actually got the unit on the workbench at the moment because its stopped working. It's proving rather hard to repair!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210925_205947.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	242142   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210925_210014.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	242143  
andrewn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Sep 2021, 7:25 pm   #4
dragonser
Heptode

Hi,
I am going to get hold of the filtered power supply socket as helpfully suggested by Restoration 73.
I decided to change a couple of the electrolytic capacitors that I hadn't changed previously...
the phrase " don't work when you are tired " applied to me more than most people, why didn't I listen ?
I changed 2 capacitors and then got no results. one power suppl;y decoupling and another one
turns out I have broken a connection between the front panel switch pcb and the small pcb to the rear of it.. so that means taking out the whole switch assembly.
and the table light I have been using has stopped working ! the LEd bulb I got has failed ( or fails when it gets hot ! ).
I have just put the unit back with a note of what needs to be looked at.
I think the advice given by a forum member of only changing one part at a time is very good.. ( was that on old televisions ? )
sorry to you all for the rant.