UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing

Notices

Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing For help with cabinet or chassis restoration (non-electrical), please leave a message here.

Closed Thread

Old 28th May 2015, 5:38 pm   #1
Dhawthorn88
Retired Dormant Member

Default Pye Black Box turntable refinish

Split from this thread: https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...ad.php?t=85562

Hi Radio Dave.

I'm new to this forum so bear with me.

I have a Pye black box which I purchased nearly a year ago now, basically Im listening to it on a daily basis.... I love it!!

Recently I decided to give it a service/overhaul as the wood was chipped, scratched and dull, and so that's in process at the moment.

My reason for this post was that the turntable colour is filthy and also very dull, I've cleaned it up the best I could but it now reveals metal from where the paint's worn and I was wondering whether you could tell me what paint I require for this or point me in the right direction. I'd be happy to post any pictures but the colour is a creamy white.

Thanks for your time

Daniel
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	108893  

Last edited by AC/HL; 28th May 2015 at 8:56 pm. Reason: Thread split
Old 28th May 2015, 8:47 pm   #2
Radio_Dave
Nonode

Default Re: 1953 Pye Black Box

Hi Daniel,

I was actually using this record player today.

I'm afraid I can't help with a colour because I mixed it from a couple of the many tins of paint that I've collected over the years.

David
Old 28th May 2015, 10:50 pm   #3
mark pirate
Dekatron

Default Re: Pye Black Box turntable refinish

I have resprayed one of these decks with car aerosol cans, it came out really well and an almost perfect match to the original colour.
I am sure the paint was intended for an Austin/Rover Metro!

Mark
Closed Thread