UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 16th Apr 2011, 5:26 pm   #1
jed1906
Retired Dormant Member

Smile Intermittent ring fault on 706 phone

Hi, I have just purchased a 706 telephone which I love , it works fine apart from sometimes it will ring and then not at all. It's frustrating as I can't predict when it will or won't ring. It's plugged into the mster socket with the broadband and wireless box on one of the spurs. It doesn't seem to make much difference whether this is plugged in or not. I have tried unplugging the phone and plugging back in again and this seems to make a difference although I could be imagining it. Can anyone help me with this problem?
Old 16th Apr 2011, 7:48 pm   #2
AndiiT
Octode

Default Re: Intermittant ring fault on 706 phone

Hi,
The first thing I would check is for the presence of a 3k3 resistor between terminals 4 and 5 in the telephone itself.
If you are able to upload a picture of the phone with its cover removed and the terminals visible (as they can be) this would be huge help.

For more information about 706 telephones and fault finding on them take a look here if you are unsure of how to dismantle the phone try here

Regards
Andrew
Old 17th Apr 2011, 10:53 am   #3
davidw
Heptode

Default Re: Intermittent ring fault on 706 phone

Have a quick look here https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...ad.php?t=41547 at post 10 where you will find a possible cause and cure.
Does the caller get ringing tone?
Closed Thread