UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Websites

Notices

Websites Found an interesting website? Post the details here and share it with the rest of us. Please stick to websites that are in some way related to our hobby/interest.

Closed Thread

Old 6th Mar 2005, 3:26 pm   #1
Ian Paul
Retired Dormant Member

Default Looking for that obscure screw/nut?

I noticed that the fixing of the Full RF socket on my recently purchased Advance E2 signal generator had been bodged, using modern pozi-head self tapping screws! I decided to try and fix it properly using the original type screws. A guy at the local model shop said he thought they were Mushroom head with 6BA thread and I would have trouble finding them.
A quick search on the net found the following company:-
www.nu-screwandnut.co.uk

I gave them a call and spoke to Mark who advised sending a original down so they could get a exact match. I sent one from the AF socket and a few days later Mark phoned back saying they had some and there was no minimum order (even if I just needed one!). Now have a neat looking generator which works a treat.
Do all large companies bother to get back to you regarding a small order and make you feel like it is important to them? All credit to this one!
Closed Thread