UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Oct 2020, 6:05 pm   #1
YoungManGW
Hexode

Default Display of Radios

I would be interested to hear, and see photographs of, how forum members have their radio collections displayed. I am toying with a custom display case, in glass, to display my Bakelite Ekcos, so would appreciate anything that anyone can offer by way of their own experiences of how best to display a collection. Anyone adopted a glass display solution? Very many thanks. Regards.
Old 22nd Oct 2020, 6:25 pm   #2
high_vacuum_house
Octode

Smile Re: Display of Radios

Good evening,
Here is what I did a few years ago as I had a number of different styles of Bush DAC90's and 90A's and was wandering the best method to display them. I was pleasantly surprised how effective it was and didn't take too long to erect. As this is in the bedroom, they do get rather dusty. There are quite a few clocks on the lower shelf now and it does take quite a lot of time to take them all off, clean them all and put them back!!

Christopher Capener
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shelf.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	218628   Click image for larger version

Name:	display 2.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	218629  
Old 22nd Oct 2020, 7:14 pm   #3
60 oldjohn
Dekatron

Default Re: Display of Radios

Sorry not a glass display case. My Bush DAC90s and 90As among all the others. I struck lucky third phone call to scrap yard, they had the entire shelves of a chemist shop on a trailer ready to. Bought it all for a song, and they delivered it all.
Our small local museum have thrown out a wood & glass display case before lockdown and replaced it with a new one. I am sure anyone with basic DIY skills could have made it look nice, so worth phoning around.

John.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	SN854392.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	218632  
Old 22nd Oct 2020, 7:25 pm   #4
MurphyNut
Heptode

I have two out buildings full of radios, arranged so I can get as many in the space available, these are basically the larger sets. The other building (not pictured) is larger and devoted to Bakelite so as you can imagine quite few more sets in there too.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20200404_162402.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	218633   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09946.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	218634  
Old 23rd Oct 2020, 8:29 am   #5

I have mine displayed in museums... https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=169605 (grin)

Old 23rd Oct 2020, 8:44 am   #6
YoungManGW
Hexode

Thank-you for the replies so far. The dust issue is one reason why I am considering glass cabinets with doors, such that the Bakelite can be polished and then left for a while. Glass cabinets would also allow for some decent lighting. Ex-shop display items is an interesting thought. Regards.
Closed Thread