UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 25th Feb 2018, 4:23 pm   #21
phill1029
Triode

Default Re: Hatfield Instruments, Ltd. History?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywave View Post
Can anyone here provide any interesting data or places / references to search?
I used to work for this company many years ago in Plymouth. It was a British company that went bankrupt. Was bought by a German company Wandell and Goltermann. I started in 1983 at the old site which was latter demolished. We had moved into a new factory next door. They were the best days in my electronics life.
Old 10th Aug 2018, 8:46 am   #22
huddart33
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Hatfield Instruments, Ltd. History?

After Hatfield Instruments Ltd were owned by Wandel & Golterman, Plymouth the Hatfield product line was sold to Plessey at Towcester, Northants. I had an interview with them around 1987-88 but didn't take the position offered. Just as well because Plessey folded soon afterwards. The Hatfield Product Line was sold to a small company Pascall Electronics Ltd, Ryde, Isle of Wight. I worked there for over 10 years with Mervyn Fretter, who was an Engineer/Mananger at Plymouth. I still keep in touch with Mervyn. We keep some of the original Switched Attenuators & Signal Processing Components (Mixers, Directional Couplers, Power Dividers, I&Q Mod/Demod etc) plus we developed some bespoke RF Components for the Telecom/Defence Market. However, Pascall were sold, Mervyn retired and I moved on - the line of old Hatfield and even the name ceased to exist.

I never met Rod Hatfield but Mervyn told me much about him, a creative electronics engineer. There are good creative Electronics Engineers in the UK they are just stiffled by Accountants these days.

Malcolm
Closed Thread