UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps) You may announce components or sets for sale or offered free here. Private collectors only - no traders. You must include an exact price. No swaps.

Old 20th Mar 2017, 5:31 pm   #1
johnmarshmanagain
Pentode

Default Three console radio projects - Sale, Cheshire.

Hi all
It irks me to have to advertise the big beasts, but the ex wants me to clear out my stuff ! Save 'em from the dump, please !!!
1) murphy a28 console :
Last time I looked he was in quite good condition for his year - I left him under a blanket in the reasonably dry garage. He was working, though weakly, ie : either the inter-station suppression or the automatic tuning correction was making tuning quote hard
NB : he's heavy !
2) pilot console :
a very scruffy 1940 model with a drum-type tuning dial, but does work (was the garage hack...). Resto' project. Refer the following for the table model http://www.thevalvepage.com/radios/pilot/p63/p63.htm
3) Ultra lynx console :
Early superhet. Refer the following for the table model http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/ultra_lynx.html
That said, when I pulled him out of the skip his fretwork had been stoved in, so I cut out an imitation in plastic. With a fretsaw and skill the original could be reproduced. I varnished the cabinet after a fashion, but it wants stripping and refinishing. Resto' project. Works, though temperamental. Speaker not original.
5 each, collection only. I am not often in Manchester so by arrangement - maybe monday 3/4/17 as I am under orders !
regards jm
johnmarshmanagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Mar 2017, 10:07 pm   #2
high_vacuum_house
Heptode

Smile Re: Three console radio projects - Sale, Cheshire.

Good evening,
I am very interested in the Murphy console though getting to Manchester is difficult these days. If someone could get the set to Golborne meet in April I would of course pay all costs and would be very much appreciated.
Many thanks,

Christopher Capener
Old 21st Mar 2017, 10:36 am   #3
johnmarshmanagain
Pentode

Default Re: Three console radio projects - Sale, Cheshire.

Hi Christopher, I cannot be at Golborne myself. but you could post a transport request in the relevant forum section - it's not far
Old 21st Mar 2017, 2:18 pm   #4
Ed_Dinning
Dekatron

Hi John, I would be interested in the Ultra Lynx if it can be taken to Golboune (like Christophers set) any chance you are going there?

Ed
Ed_Dinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Mar 2017, 7:09 pm   #5
johnmarshmanagain
Pentode

Hi Chris/Ed
Hmmm. I need to sort something out don't I ? I will (in the first instance) contact Mark the Mender to se if he can suggest a temporary storage for the sets in the intervening week. Cheers JM