UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 5th Oct 2006, 10:50 am   #1
ballistic
Retired Dormant Member

Default Sony Trinitron intermittent fault

Well that's funny 'cas the end cap is wobbly on my Sony Trinitron which is turning itself on and off rapidly after warming up, and if I thump the TV it sometimes comes back. Do you think it could be that and not the soldering on the IF can which was problematic on these models?
Old 5th Oct 2006, 4:18 pm   #2
Heatercathodeshort
Dekatron

Default Re: Wobbly endcap on my tube !

I don't want to take this OT but if your Sony is the chassis with the small soldered in i.f. unit I would suggest it is! Remove the unit from the set [solder pump] slide out the p/c board and resolder the joints on the filter coils and any others that look dry. Put it back together and thats it. Regards John.
Closed Thread