UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Oct 2006, 1:52 pm   #21
murphyv310
Dekatron

Default Re: 819 line Philips scan fault

Hello Everyone.
I was talking to David Boynes yesterday and he says that the identical set to mine is producing the same problems. It looks like either a design problem or possible conveter probs. I would like to see the set on Kat's PC converter.
Thanks all for your input
Trevor
Old 22nd Oct 2006, 2:37 pm   #22
tubesrule
Hexode

Default Re: 819 line Philips scan fault

Hi Trevor,
The only 819 set I have is a Sharp TRP801 and I don't get this fold over issue, but I'll double check the timing parameters on the converter to make sure they are to spec. It certainly is possible that I have a timing parameter wrong. The back porch would be the most important one for an issue like this. If the video data is coming too soon and the line oscillator is still in retrace this might happen.

Darryl
Closed Thread