UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 7th Aug 2006, 10:43 pm   #1
high_vacuum_house
Octode

Default Pam 804 circuit diagram

Hello there,
At the last NVCF I bought a Pam model 804 television set. I have decided to have a look at restoring this telly but I cannot find any information on it on the vintage TV service data cd.

Does anyone have a circuit diagram for this set?

This one has 3 missing valves, a missing fuse and a deliberatly cut resistor on the pcb plus possibly a "mod" also on the pcb. It is quite an odd layout as a console set the line output transformer is right at the bottom of the set with a very long EHT lead to the CRT
Many thanks,
Christopher capener
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pam 804.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	4863  

Last edited by high_vacuum_house; 7th Aug 2006 at 10:52 pm.
Old 8th Aug 2006, 11:08 pm   #2
Steve_P
Dekatron

Default Re: Pam model 804 circuit diagram

This is the set - from the 60-61 book!

There were two versions - The 800,2,4 and 8 are the ordinary models. The 801 series is different, as this is the fringe version.

Hope this helps!

Steve P.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	704-1.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	4879   Click image for larger version

Name:	804-2.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	176.3 KB
ID:	4880   Click image for larger version

Name:	704-3.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	179.8 KB
ID:	4881  
Old 9th Aug 2006, 6:26 pm   #3
high_vacuum_house
Octode

Smile Re: Pam model 804 circuit diagram

Hello there,
many thanks Steve for your help, This will certanly help restoring this unusual set. It shows where all the missing valves are in my set.

Many thanks again You deserve a

Christopher Capener
Old 28th Sep 2006, 10:17 pm   #4
high_vacuum_house
Octode

Hello there,
I have almost finished restoring the chassis of this television now. Chassis going back in over the next few days. One little problem I have is that valve 11 (sound output valve) written on the pcb says it is a PCL83. The radio and telly servicing book information says that the valve is an ECL80 and I am a bit confused.

Has the radio and telly servicing book got it wrong? All of the other valves in the information appears to be correct. The said valve was missing in my set. and I haven't found a replacement PCL83 valve yet. Anyone got a spare I could buy?
Hopefully after this valve is replaced it can be time to shove some volts up it and see if it works

Many thanks,

Christopher Capener
Old 21st Oct 2006, 9:21 pm   #5
high_vacuum_house
Octode

Hello there,
Sucess (in a way!!)
I replaced the missing PCL83 with an ECL83 (same base connections) and wound the set up on a variac and I got a nice line whistle and a bright raster came up.
I connected up my Domino converter and switched to channel 1, and after playing with all of the line hold and frame hold contrast I got a reasonable picture.
There is foldover at the bottom of the picture where around 1/6th height from the bottom of the CRT the picture folds back upwards (frame scan problem I think).
Linearity is good on both line and frame. There is no sound at the moment as the ECL83 (in place of the missing PCL83) which is sound output valve, the heater is not lit as only half the current required is passing (600mA heater)

Christopher Capener