UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 27th Mar 2020, 1:25 pm   #1
vinrads
Dekatron

Default Mathieson Sandberg frame aerial

Having re discovered this in the loft , it was time to get it repaired ,the new wire arrived yesterday,I am not sure how to proceed though ,all the original wire was like a rat's nest ,there is no tuning capacitor ,can only find pictures on the net . any help welcome , Mick.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0010.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	201671  
Old 27th Mar 2020, 3:00 pm   #2

Default Re: Mathieson Sandberg frame aerial

If the wire goes through holes as opposed to slots, start half way round. That is calculate the total length required, divide by two, add a bit and start in the middle. Only half as much to unwind if a mistake is made. I was taught this by a man doing "screwed together plumbing", an odd diversion (plumbing and building, I did it part time for a few months) from electronics it taught me an awful lot and was great fun.

Closed Thread