UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd Apr 2020, 3:57 pm   #1
Steveatbath
Triode

Default Samsung TV input problem

I have a Samsung LE32A456 which has 3 HDMI inputs and two Scart inputs. It is about 10 years old and I don't use it often. I had used the Scart inputs for a BT box and a DVD recorder and was advised to get HDMI connectors. The BT box works fine on input HDMI 1 but HDMI inputs 2&3 appear not to function; looking at the menu they are greyed out. The manual suggests that all inputs should function. Can anyone tell me if these inputs are not connected on this model or have they become faulty?
Old 2nd Apr 2020, 4:13 pm   #2
AC/HL
Dekatron

Default Re: Samsung TV input problem

Our Samsung will only show inputs that actually have something connected. Empty sockets are greyed out on the on-screen menu.
Old 2nd Apr 2020, 8:13 pm   #3
nigelr2000
Heptode

Mine 2 doesn't even show on the source menu unless there's a cable in it
Old 3rd Apr 2020, 1:03 pm   #4
Steveatbath
Triode

Thanks, it was helpful to know that, although inputs Ext 1&2 seem to show live even without a plug. I exchanged and reversed the HDMI leads and found that one is flaky, comes and goes when I wiggle it! The two leads were bought in a single pack and are visually perfect but presumably there is a weak internal component. Steve
Closed Thread