UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 14th Dec 2017, 10:48 pm   #1
Apfelmus
Pentode

Default Tektronix PS5010 triple power supply - schematics?

Hi all,

I got a TM5006 togehter with a PS5010, but the latter has some problems. The negative voltage does not deliver any current. I can select voltage, and the voltage can be measured at the output, but as soon as I draw current the voltage drops to 0, delivering 2 mA at most.

The power supply is standing on my desk, totally dismantled. I could not find anything wrong visually. Now I'm hoping to find the service manual, or at least the schematics. The 5000-plugin's documentation seems to be hard to find.

Anybody has some documentation about the PS5010?

cheers
Martin
Old 14th Dec 2017, 10:51 pm   #2
Apfelmus
Pentode

Default Re: Tektronix PS5010 tripe power supply - schematics?

and by the way, the hight-current-switch doesn't work either.

The 5010 is always in its low-current state regardles of the slot. Tried it in 2 different TM5006, same behaviour. Can't see what might be wrong... maybe the switch itself?

cheers
Martin
Old 15th Dec 2017, 3:03 am   #3
karesz*
Heptode

Default Re: Tektronix PS5010 triple power supply - schematics?

Martin,
On eBay: "qservice_rhodes" has PS-5010.pdf in high resolution for $9,99 + 4,79 shipping, than "artekmedia" for $8,- with free shipping...
You can have 13MB TM-5006 Power Modul docs, and some others for 5010 too, on ET`s site.
Good luck, Karl
Old 17th Dec 2017, 11:28 am   #4
Apfelmus
Pentode

Default Re: Tektronix PS5010 triple power supply - schematics?

Hello Karl,

thanks for the infos.

I might buy it from Artek or Qservice. The link on ET points to the TM5006 itself. Since I tested the PS5010 in two different TM5006s with the same symptoms (always low power mode) I guess the problem must lie in the PS5010.

There is an Operator Manual on ET, but no schematics inside.

cheers
Martin
Closed Thread