UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Computers

Notices

Vintage Computers Any vintage computer systems, calculators, video games etc., but with an emphasis on 1980s and earlier equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 6th Sep 2014, 11:27 am   #1
jim221
Pentode

Default Applemac M0001 P schematic

A friend has asked if I can look at this early apple computer which appears to have no eht and nothing on the screen. I am prepared to have a go but need some assistance in the form of a circuit diagram or service manual. Can anyone help or advise?
Old 6th Sep 2014, 4:02 pm   #2
mole42uk
Nonode

Default Re: Applemac M0001 P schematic

These were difficult to get hold of. They used to be supplied printed in black on brown paper which made them impossible to photocopy. I used to fix these computers day after day but I've no idea where the schematics are now.

I'll try and remember the problems we had with the early power supply sections, mostly dry joints I think. They were convection cooled and the EHT section was at the top of the vertical board.

Have a poke around, see if there's anything obvious and give me a shout. I'll try and activate the on-board memory and see if I can remember anything helpful.

Index:
recursive loop: see recursive loop
Old 8th Sep 2014, 11:12 am   #3
SteveCG
Nonode

jim221,

Is this a 1984s style all-in-one Mac? If so then I once came across one that did not work (no chime sound) - until I reseated a prom in a plug-in socket on the mother-board.

Another tip: there were some Mac models of that era that would not start up if the cmos battery was flat.
Old 8th Sep 2014, 3:52 pm   #4
mole42uk
Nonode

Yes, that's the one. I remember both those faults, although only on older machines.

Does it 'bong' on power-up? Is the brightness control turned up (thumb wheel on the lower LHS of the screen)? Is the CRT heater visible? What happens when you put a floppy in the slot?

Index:
recursive loop: see recursive loop
Closed Thread