UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Forum Announcements and Comments

Notices

Forum Announcements and Comments Announcements about forum changes will be made in this section. All new threads here now require moderator approval.

Closed Thread

Old 24th May 2012, 2:41 pm   #21
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Default Re: Member's Posts Count

Quote:
Originally Posted by glowinganode View Post
Since it's mostly "old" posts being removed, older members are bound to have a greater reduction in post counts.
I've lost about 2500 - a 30% reduction - which seems to confirm this.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 24th May 2012, 2:50 pm   #22
Robert Darwent
Heptode

I haven't got a grievance, although it may come across that way. I accept the post count is useful as regards new members so it needs to remain for that reason alone. But in that case why keep them on view? They are only of any real use to the admin/mod team now. They are inaccurate and meaningless to the rest of us. Further, I am raising a valid point in the appropriate section, not 'grumbling' as one moderator would like to dismiss my comments as such.

Regards

Robert G0UHF
www.wavesintheair.co.uk
Old 24th May 2012, 4:04 pm   #23
ThePillenwerfer
Octode

I don't really see how it can be said to be accurate or otherwise as it only says "Posts" not "Total Posts Since Joining."

I'd no idea what my total was until I was prompted to check by reading this thread.

I do agree about the number being of little use though as it's Quality that matters not Quantity; it would be easy to boost ones total by making endless puerile "Good job, Fred" type ones.

- Joe
Old 24th May 2012, 4:11 pm   #24
Paul Stenning
Administrator

As Paul Sherwin and others have said, it is how it is and it won't be changing. So everyone quit moaning. If you don't like it then go and use another forum instead.

I am trying to make changes to help this forum survive and all people can do is bitch about trivial matters.....

Discussion closed.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Closed Thread