UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 3rd May 2018, 3:47 pm   #1
Superhet Si
Pentode

Default Ferrograph RTS1 Not quite working.

Hello all long time no speak.
I have just been working on an old RTS1 Ferrograph test set that was bought for spares. Despite its vile condition, it has cleaned up very well but has a few problems. I am currently going through replacing carbon resistors that have mostly drifted way high out of tolerance.
The problem I am having is the distortion meter section will not Calibrate to 100% with the "Set 100%" button in and the meter set to the 1 V range.
I am using the RTS2 manual as the RTS1 is not available on the net.
My question is thus.
Is the procedure for setting CAL on the distortion meter the same on the later model? I can see the RTS2 has a proper regulated PSU whereas the RTS1 only has a shunt regulator. Are there any major differences other than that.
Old 8th May 2018, 12:24 pm   #2
See_Mos
Hexode

Default Re: Ferrograph RTS1 Not quite working.

I would replace all of the blue Philips / Mullard electrolytics as well as they are prone to going low value or even O/C
Closed Thread