UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 12th Apr 2012, 3:22 pm   #1
David Simpson
Nonode

Default Orkney Forum Members ?

Just wondering - are there any Forum members up in Orkney who might be able to help me with a wee research project, please?

Regards,
David
Old 12th Apr 2012, 3:56 pm   #2
stitch1
Heptode

Default Re: Orkney Forum Members ?

Not sure what your project is David but if it's radio related maybe the museum could help. I went a few years ago but I assume it still exists.

Orkney Wireless Museum
Kiln Corner
Junction Road
Kirkwall
Orkney
KW15 1LB

Tel: 01856 871400

Email:
sfirth@owm.org.uk

For more information visit:
http://www.owm.org.uk
Old 12th Apr 2012, 4:26 pm   #3
David Simpson
Nonode

Yes Stitch1,

Actually it's concerning the Museum, coincidently. I've already been in touch with Sandy Firth by 'phone and email in the last 24hrs.

Hopefully, he can help me with my research into Coastal Radio Ltd and their HF marine equipment.

It's just that I didn't want to put them to too much trouble, as seemingly they have quite a wireless enterprise up there, run by volunteers. Sadly, I'm a couple of hundred miles away on the mainland, and my dicky shoulder prevents me just now from taking a run up and taking the ferry over. I'd very much like to see the place sometime. Looking at their website, it would be a magnet for Forum guys and with really helpful staff.

Regards,
David
Old 17th Apr 2012, 11:37 am   #4
Andy - G8MNM
Hexode

David,

My sister is up in Orkney.
Stays on Sanday with her husband Dean.
I don't know if they could be of any help?

Andy

https://www.lushanda.com/
Closed Thread