UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Homebrew Equipment

Notices

Homebrew Equipment A place to show, design and discuss the weird and wonderful electronic creations from the hands of individual members.

Closed Thread

Old 28th Sep 2010, 11:19 am   #1
Mike Brett
Retired Dormant Member

Default wiring transformers

Hi all
Simple question, I have a 240 volt transformer with two sets of outputs, 0-18v and 0-18v. How do I connect the four terminals to get 36 volts. Do I join the middle two connectors 0v and 18v together and use the two outer 0v and 18v for the 36 v output.
Cheers Mike
Old 28th Sep 2010, 11:34 am   #2
G8HQP Dave
Rest in Peace

Default Re: wiring transformers

Assuming the tags are in winding order, then yes. Check with an AC voltmeter - if you are right you get 36V, if wrong more or less no volts. Provided you only make one connection between the two secondaries you won't do any harm either way.
Old 28th Sep 2010, 1:42 pm   #3
Mike Brett
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: wiring transformers

Hi Dave
Yes that works ok, thought it best to check.
Cheers Mike
Closed Thread