UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 7th Mar 2023, 9:19 pm   #1
grahamsmith
Diode

Default STC TRF Radio no audio

hi.

i have a stc radio a trf it has a #47 valve output valve a #80 -#235 and 3 224 valves i get the normal speaker hum to know it is on but i cannot get any audio from speaker just dead stressed out don't know where next .
any help with it.no noise with signal generator.

thanks graham.
Old 7th Mar 2023, 10:53 pm   #2
Silicon
Nonode

Default Re: STC TRF Radio no audio

One way to narrow down the fault is to start at the output stage and work towards the aerial.

If you touch the control grid connection of the type 47 output valve with a screwdriver you should hear a scratching noise or increased hum from the speaker.

If you can introduce an audio signal to the grid via an isolating capacitor you can check the audio quality.
Closed Thread