UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Jul 2019, 11:54 am   #1
PatMorgan
Triode

Default Sony DVD/CD carousel.

Hardly Vintage- but bear with me.
Every so often something comes along on the ‘net and you have to admit- ‘I didn’t know they made those’, etc
Sony DVP-850D is one for me, so I brought one with some very minor niggles but it did something that I didn’t know I needed- put all my DVDs and CD’s that my wife won’t have on in the house- in the garage/workshop with a fairly small form-factor, considering it holds 200 discs.
I’m sure it would benefit from a new laser-block, but after cleaning the lens, there’s not too many issues. The service manual provides no alignment settings- so setup would be hit and miss.
As far as I can make out- these didn’t really catch on over here but they were common-place in the ‘States. In 1999- they were about £999.00 which was half the price of my rear-projector TV that I wished Id held onto- W e hate getting rid of stuff just because its not the latest model, don’t we?
Closed Thread