UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 18th Jan 2020, 1:57 am   #1
bill knox
Hexode

Default R1155 Modification plate

Hi all

I am getting on with some of the jobs on this set, I have just resprayed the centre plate and the metalwork surrounding the tuning knob and it looks a lot better.

There is provision for a "modification plate on the front panel but it is missing there are 2 ways that I can go about this, 1 is to make one but I am not that good at marking up so I thought about getting a set of transfers that can be obtained through the internet, 2 is to obtain an original modification plate from an R1155 but I would imagine that will be an almost impossible item to find.

I have left a message for the gentleman's son to contact me regarding a set of stick on decals but he has not come back to me, does anyone know of an address or telephone number where he can be contacted as several of the decals on the set could do with smarten up.

Any help would be appreciated

Bill
Old 18th Jan 2020, 6:17 pm   #2
Keith
Heptode

Default Re: R1155 Modification plate

Hi Bill,

G4CVU used to produce replica, self adhesive plates for the 1155. It's possible that he may still have some left. His details are on QRZ.com.
Old 19th Jan 2020, 11:34 am   #3
bill knox
Hexode

Hi Keith

I have tried G4cvu and his son but neither of them has so far replied to my enquiry

If anyone knows the whereabouts of one I would be grateful

Bill
Old 19th Jan 2020, 7:36 pm   #4
Mark James
Hexode

I have a good quality decal. If you cannot find an original plate then PM me with your address.

Mark
Old 25th Jan 2020, 7:53 pm   #5
bill knox
Hexode

Hi Mark

As promised the photo's

Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0432.jpg
Views:	93