UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 15th May 2019, 5:53 pm   #1
manofkilda
Diode

Default Codar CR70A Mk II Alignment tools

Can anyone advise me if it is possible to obtain the correct alignment tools for the CR70A?

Also is there a Mk II manual anywhere on-line. I have a Mk I manual which is OK for general work but useless for layout and alignment.

TIA

Ken Reece
Old 20th May 2019, 9:10 am   #2
William
Triode

Default Re: Codar CR70A Mk II Alignment tools

Hi Ken the alignment tools for this reciever can be obtained from the RS website. The hex head will come in a multi pack along with other types.

I had to add one turn of masking tape around the hex bit for it to fit snug. You could even try heat shrink tubing, but for me the masking tape was fine.

When doing the alignment make sure the chassis is sitting on the metal bottom cover for adjusting the ferrite cores, then lift the chassis on its side for adjusting the variable trimmer capacitors for the high end band alignment.

The Mk1 and Mk2 manuals are basically the same apart from page 4 which lists the valve line up and new OA81 Diode and BY100 silicon rectifier. The schematic hasn't been updated either, and still shows the Mk1 diagram with the EZ80 as the rectifier.

The top cores on both IF Transformers may have been resin locked in place. Do not worry about those two and continue the alignment for cores 2 and 4. You'll likely damage the cores trying to free them and you probably won't gain anything from adjusting them anyway.

Can't think of anything else that may help.

Hope you enjoy your CR70A.

73, William.
Closed Thread