UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Old 12th Aug 2019, 6:17 pm   #1
Mrrnoname
Triode

Default Aiwa AD-6800 Belts & Service Help

Hi All,

I have a lovely Aiwa AD-6800 tape deck that's sat for some time. It powers on and works but is in obvious need of a belt change and a service.

These days I have no idea how to go about finding someone with the skills to do this. My local AV repair shops are all long gone

Does anyone know of anyone ideally in the Bristol area (or anywhere within the UK) that takes on this sort of work?

I can't overstate how beautiful this machine is. I would happily travel (& pay) to ensure it get's a second lease of life. A couple of pictures are attached.

Thanks!
Max.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190811_164446.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	188253   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190811_164454.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	188254  
Mrrnoname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Aug 2019, 2:13 am   #2
batterymaker1
Heptode

Default Re: Aiwa AD-6800 Belts & Service Help

I had the AD-6500 with the motorized diagonal cassette cradle. It's pretty straightforward with replacing the main belt.