UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 31st Mar 2018, 11:49 am   #21
sentinel040
Hexode

Location: Near Lichfield, Staffordshire, UK, most of the time and Crystal Palace, S London, some of the time..
Default Re: Kenpro KT-22EE 2M Handheld Battery Query

Being late to the party, as always, most of what I could add to this has been said. I have had one of these since new, although the battery pack on mine died years ago, I think the cells are 2/3 size AA BUT that is from memory. I do however have an Icom battery case that holds HP7 (or AA if you are American) size cells, which fits the radio. As you are probably away these rigs are a bit of a copy of the Icom IC2E; and whilst the construction is a bit flimsy they work well and mine withstood some fairly heavy use.
Good luck!
Ian
Old 3rd Apr 2018, 12:52 am   #22
Damo666
Hexode

Just an update...

I've got around to cycling all the Battery packs a few times, and a couple of the larger packs are seeing me through a full day - about 8 hours RX & 1 hour TX. The smaller 250mAH packs aren't really up to much, and I'm seeing about 4 hours RX & 5 minutes of TX.

Too say the packs have been redundant for many years, I'm pretty happy with the result.
Old 3rd Apr 2018, 9:07 am   #23
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Good result Damo: Just goes to show you shouldn't listen to everything we doomsayers have to say.

Just noticed you are in Blackburn: I have ironically just left the area after spending the weekend near there, and I did have a 2m/70cms handheld with me. I listened for GB3PF a few times while pottering about but as is often the case, was too lazy to put a call through myself.
Closed Thread