UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 5th Apr 2018, 11:37 am   #1
terrybull
Octode

Default CRT tester in Dorset.

I spotted this in a junk/antique shop in Dorset. The asking price is £120 which sounds an awful lot to me but I know nothing about it. It does have the leads and manual.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	160506  
Old 5th Apr 2018, 6:09 pm   #2
factory
Octode

Default Re: CRT tester in Dorset.

No idea what they are worth either, but it looks a useful tester & has all the adaptors present. Also it seems to be same as the one that features in many of the TV repairs by "Shango066" on Youtube.

David
Old 5th Apr 2018, 7:34 pm   #3
terrybull
Octode

It rang a bell with me David and I subscribe to Shango066 so I think you've cracked why.
Old 21st Apr 2018, 5:27 pm   #4
usradcoll1
Heptode

Quote:
Originally Posted by factory View Post
No idea what they are worth either, but it looks a useful tester & has all the adaptors present. Also it seems to be same as the one that features in many of the TV repairs by "Shango066" on Youtube.

David
How many of those sockets were used on UK built sets. I know a lot of them were used on Japanese sets.
The asking price is a little high.
BTW, is the operating manual and setup chart present.
Closed Thread