UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps) If you need help obtaining components, sets or equipment, post a message here. Private buyers only - no traders. No swaps.

Closed Thread

Old 14th Mar 2021, 1:23 pm   #1
crtgamer
Diode

Default Need CRT socket for Sony monitor.

Originally started a post "Need advice on making CRT tester lead, shorted tube?" under "Vintage Television and Video" and another member recommended i make a post in this section to try and source the socket.

I am after a crt socket to fit, sony BVM-14E5E tube type M34LHF23X.

Does anybody have or know where i may be able to get one(new or used)?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020069.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	229105   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020070.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	229106   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020071.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	229108  
Old 15th Mar 2021, 10:38 am   #2
Andey_Woo
Triode

Default Re: Need CRT socket for Sony monitor.

I did have a browse of a couple of auction sites but I didn't see anything that would be a direct replacement, it might be worth looking at consumer crts for parts.

I don't want to get your hopes up though as I suspect that part is only found in higher end gear... Still if you can check through manuals you might be able to find things that are adjacent to it that would work.

I hope for your sake that someone on here knows of a source I don't, cap replacement for BVMs are offered as services on some sites. Perhaps sending out some messages to people who do that will find you a source.

Sorry I can't be more helpful mate.
Old 17th Mar 2021, 3:05 pm   #3
G6ONEDave
Heptode

The socket is on ebay but the p&p seems a bit steep from Spain. I have found an internet site showing as 'G2 wire for P43 tube on version 1', which has an image with 3 types of crt base and their pinnouts. The socket connections appear to have three grids G1, G2, G3 and a common cathode, as well as 2 terminals for the heater supply. That makes a total of 6 terminals required for your rejuvenator lead. Given that the crt socket in my collection has 8 terminals, it might actually meet your requirements, although you may well have to resite one of the sockets into an empty location. At least you have the original circuitry to work out which connections are actually needed. If it will help you out PM me with your address and I'll post this one out to you.
Dave
Old 25th Mar 2021, 6:57 pm   #4
Retrotechie
Pentode

Hi, I have some BVM bits, possibly a base that I might part with for a small fee.
I know I have some for 20” models, just can’t remember if they’re the same. Need to check in the manual.
Will find out.

Retrotechie
Old 28th Mar 2021, 5:00 pm   #5
crtgamer
Diode

From what I can see in the service manual 14-20 inch E and F series used the same socket.

If you know the model of picture tube it fits I may be able to cross reference it using the adapter list for my tester.

G6ONEDave has sent me a socket that with repositioning pins may work and I also have some 18 gauge/1mm female Molex pins which may allow me to test by hooking up the wires individually.
Old 30th Mar 2021, 7:44 pm   #6
Retrotechie
Pentode

Hi, I have a spare base board (see attached) but I think it’s my only spare, so not sure to part with it or not.
Maybe see if your other method works first...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2A0C7AAA-EF17-47A1-B9D7-186F6B9D514E.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	230543  
Old 15th Apr 2021, 5:00 pm   #7
crtgamer
Diode

Just a polite message, Thanks for all replies, but no longer needed, have built universal cable, Thanks.
Closed Thread