UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Closed Thread

Old 6th Feb 2015, 9:12 am   #1
andyrols
Diode

Default A local repair? Garrard 3500 deck in radiogram Guildford

I wondered if anyone could help me.
I have a Garrard record deck as part of a newly acquired Blaupunkt Arkansas radiogram but despite my best efforts and the information on this forum I have been unable to get the deck working. There is power to it as I can hear it when I engage the idler wheel or touch the cartridge, and Ive degreased some easily accessible areas.
However, Im paranoid that my uneducated hands are going to do damage to a unit that, prior to being transported to my house, was working.
Ive phoned a couple of repairers locally who would look at it but only if I take it to them. However, to remove the deck it would appear I would have to cut the power cable so I was after a person who would call round and repair in situ.
Any advice / help gratefully received.
Apologies if that was a bit of a ramble!
Old 6th Feb 2015, 4:14 pm   #2
PsychMan
Octode

Default Re: A local repair? Garrard 3500 deck in radiogram Guildford

Check your PM, I may be able to help, depending what it is
Closed Thread