UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Closed Thread

Old 9th Feb 2015, 3:31 pm   #1
ColinTheAmpMan1
Octode

Default Tektronix 466 Storage 'scope

Hi,
I bought this as non-working quite some time ago. The original fault was that after being turned on and working for a few minutes, the display faded to nothing. I checked a few voltages around the power supply and found some to be wrong under the fault condition, but I couldn't work out why. In the process of probing around, I managed to create another fault when I managed to burn a copper track on the motherboard, which also carbonised some of the pcb material, so possibly creating leakage pathways. I had thought of cutting out most of the burned track and replacing it with insulated wire, but that would, at best, only get me back to the original fault. Is there anyone within reasonable distance of West London capable of fixing this at a reasonable cost?
Colin.
Old 14th Feb 2015, 3:06 am   #2
tony brady
Pentode

Default Re: Tektronix 466 Storage 'scope

Hi Colin

I can't help with the repair but the original problem may be the EHT multiplier module which is mounted to the 'top side' of the bottom board.

I have a 475 which I believe uses the same module which does not show a trace at all. I got around -400V on the -2400V test point with the other voltages all wrong - when disconnected it I got a low intensity short trace but with the voltages more or less correct.

Tony
Closed Thread