UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 9th Jun 2013, 12:35 am   #1
whyperion
Hexode

Default LG VHS LV710 Broken Off Spindle ?

With its NTSC Playback facility , this could be useful. Picked up at the dump , something inside rattling around. Opened up case and there is a 3/4in approx rubber brass bushed thing not connected into anything. Looks like , if it is for any purpose ( pinch roller ? ) and not something not part of the unit that was pushed through the cassette door , there looks to be only one spindle it could fit on ( it appears to have a step half way through it ) but there is no obvious retaining clip , pin or cover that I can see to hold it on. Obviously I dont have a service manual , and probably not worth getting one , but if anyone has experience of VHS repairs for this model that assuming no other faults, ( I have not tested as yet ) it might become a useful object to someone.

Thanks.
Old 9th Jun 2013, 1:00 am   #2
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Default Re: LG VHS LV710 Broken Off Spindle ?

I've moved this to "Vintage TV and Video" as we regard all consumer video cassette recorders as "vintage" now.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 9th Jun 2013, 10:21 am   #3
plaka78
Pentode

From memory I sure this may be a guide post next to the video heads. I have seen this many times where the press fit brass insert has come loose. I used to super glue them back in place and had no further problems.
Old 9th Jun 2013, 10:33 am   #4
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Possibly the impedance roller, which is to be found on the LH (supply) side of the tape path.

N.
Old 9th Jun 2013, 10:46 am   #5
mark pirate
Dekatron

A few photos of the deck and the stray part would be a great help, I have a couple of LG videos here, so might be able to help.

Mark
Closed Thread