UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 5th Jul 2017, 4:53 pm   #41
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Default Re: ROYAL WOOTTON BASSETT SUN 2nd JULY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valvepower View Post
I bought the other new-in-box Radio 1 ‘FM’ radio on Neil’s stall. I kept looking at it and it just seemed too good to pass it by.
I bought one of those from him too. As new and boxed for £5, a bargain.

I also bought a small John Lewis DAB radio from him (to use in the bathroom) for £10.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 5th Jul 2017, 10:32 pm   #42
1100 man
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunts smoothing bomb View Post
I only made one purchase throughout the day, some Dekatron tubes off the bring & buy for a fiver.

I ended up with 4 x GC10B neon tubes and 1 x GC10B Argon filled tube.

I cobbled together a little circuit to test the "B's" and they look quite interesting if nothing else.
Excellent!! I think they were out of my box of assorted valves. I acquired a large piece of equipment with 8 or 10 of those in when I was a teenager (I am now 50). I spent ages getting it to work but could not fathom out what it actually did I've carted them about ever since so you now have a piece of my childhood Nice to see them working!!
All the best
Nick
Old 5th Jul 2017, 10:47 pm   #43
Cobaltblue

Hi Nick

Yes thank you for the box of valves especially as all were going to museum funds about half went the others will make a re-appearance in December.

Lee was most generous he could of had those Dekatrons far cheaper.

It's that sort of generosity by Nick and Lee that makes the B&B worthwhile to me.

Cheers

Mike T
Old 6th Jul 2017, 9:22 am   #44
newlite4
Octode

Always something magical about RWB, this is my 17th year of having a stall there and every one of those events have been quite special. Thanks to all of you who bought off the stall or just came up for a chat, it is great to see you.
I was able to clear some space for the BEME loop direction finder and Grundig 700L that I bought in the auction, both items had been on my acquisition list for a short while.
Well, not long till the next RWB in December, I can smell those mince pies now!
Neil
Old 7th Jul 2017, 12:33 pm   #45
vintageeitc
Retired Dormant Member

Just to say the WB auction was the first time I've attended an event and thoroughly enjoyed it! Great to meet some lovely and knowledgable people and I walked away happy with and a shiney new BVWS member badge and pack in my hand!

Edd
Old 9th Jul 2017, 11:37 am   #46
Paul Stenning
Administrator

The auction results are now on the BVWS website here http://www.bvws.org.uk/auctions/resu...ootton-bassett

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Closed Thread