UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Apr 2018, 11:08 pm   #1
chazzer
Retired Dormant Member

Default Roberts R817

hi I have a Roberts R817 and when I turn it off it comes back on in about 10 seconds on its own. Does anyone have any ideas of what part may have gone down
regards, Charlie
Old 24th Apr 2018, 10:29 am   #2
Hybrid tellies
Nonode

Location: 1966-1976 Coverack in Cornwall and Helston Cornwall. 1976-present Bristol/Bath area.
Default Re: Roberts R817

It maybe that the alarm or snooze feature is operating and so needs clearing. Otherwise I would do a full reset which will mean that you will lose all the stations that are in the memory banks.
Old 24th Apr 2018, 10:18 pm   #3
chazzer
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Roberts R817

H.

i I tried the alarm setting and no joy and there is no reset button. I did try taking the batteries out for a hour but still no joy. when the radio comes back on its own you just get hash noise.
Closed Thread