UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 18th Jun 2019, 3:35 pm   #1
zifftoon
Retired Dormant Member

Default How To Coil Cassette Player Rubber Bands

I have this Jukebox Radio Select-O-Matic 100 AM/FM & Cassette by Spirit of St. Louis.

When I switch it on, the lights are working, but both the radio and cassette player are not working.

When I opened up, I found two rubber bands dislocated. Can someone show me how to coil or line these two bands.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	select-o-matic 100 radio cassette player.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	185302   Click image for larger version

Name:	rubber bands.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	185303  
Old 18th Jun 2019, 6:52 pm   #2
'LIVEWIRE?'
Rest in Peace

Default Re: How To Coil Cassette Player Rubber Bands

Unless you have removed it, the Flywheel & Capstan shaft assembly is missing. The rape deck will not work without this part. The capstan (spindle) would have fitted through the bearing bush in the center (about 25-30mm down from the top of the mechanism, as shown in your first picture. The larger belt would then fit around the flywheel's rim an the motor pulley, whilst the smaller belt would almost certainly drive the take-up spool from a small diameter 'inner flywheel'.
Old 19th Jun 2019, 4:24 am   #3
zifftoon
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: How To Coil Cassette Player Rubber Bands

I don't think there is any missing part as far as I know. It used to work before and then it broke down and was left idle.

It has never being opened before, until recently I opened its back cover. I will take a closer look for the missing part as you mentioned.
Closed Thread