UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 8th Apr 2020, 5:05 pm   #1
Rahulkapoor
Diode

Default FT101Z. Speech Processor and Output power issues.

Friends

Restoring an FT101Z

Radio was lying unused last few years. When I restarted it showed typical symptoms. Poor output on most bands except 40 m.

I cleaned band switch with judicious use of DeOxit and IPA. Now most bands have 100 watts out after primary alignment. 80 and 160 still problem areas.

Will try realignment again. The service manual suggests a rather unusual route for tuning transformer coils. Can I just go the usual way of starting with 160 and moving higher ? My TS 530 manual does exactly that.

The real problem is that the speech processor does not seem to work. If power out on CW or Tune mode is 100 watts as soon as I switch in the Processor, the power drops to 40 watts !! The drive control and processor are fully clockwise.

I tuned T404 on IF board which is the only thing that needs adjustment as per the manual. Still no change. The ALC meter does not move at all but that could be another story.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

RAHUL VU2YK.
Closed Thread