UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 25th May 2020, 12:16 pm   #1
smokinseosamh
Triode

Default Garrard type A tear down

I have had my type A for many months but have not yet succeeded in getting it to work properly.
Some of the problems I have fixed.
Full cycle; best fix for this is getting rid of grease, oil, and most important the idler wheel, use sandpaper and a drill sparingly to take off the shiny coating.
Arm bearings These will definitely disappear all over the floor so any work on this area do it over a sheet that will catch the bearings when they fall out.
There is a little screw and nut that locks the leg from the arm, make sure this is secure or the cycle will not work properly.
The nut and bolt that holds the round toothed Cam needs to be free and well tightened.
I took lots of photos dismantling but I did not take enough care noting circlips and washers, if anyone has photos of teardown would you be able to share them to me?

Joe
Closed Thread