UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Old 12th Mar 2024, 12:14 pm   #1
samjmann
Heptode

Default Cyrus 8x CD. Set up problem.

This player has had a replacement laser assy in the past. It will focus and play, but only if the TOC is read in an unusual way.. that is upside down! When a disc is loaded, if the player is then inverted and taken in/out of standby, TOC is read and you can play tracks etc.

From what I can tell, the PU height DC offset is wrong. This used to be done in the early days with a preset, then software set-up and now it's all automatic.

On this unit, the servo and laser were only available from Cyrus as a prealigned assembly. No servo cct in the manual, or set-up instructions. Cyrus no longer repair these units as far as I know.

There is a RJ45 socket on the players MPCB (not the servo). Was this used to interface to a PC etc to set up the usual PU replacement adjustments? Without being able to access the set-up I'm stuck.

Anyone had any experience of this players before? This one was made about 2004.

It'd be a shame for it to be scrapped, broken up for parts, as it's almost working.

Any thoughts anyone?