UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Nov 2018, 1:34 am   #41
regenfreak
Heptode

Default Re: Osram Music Magnet 4

The problem is more elusive than I thought. I have insulated the HT wire and other wires under the rod with thin polyethylene sheets to stop them touching the brass rod and the metal chassis. But it does not cure the short.

The fact that the resistance between the HT+ and the earth is sensitive to the angular positions of the wave changer suggests the wave switch is also involved. It consisting of three spring loaded brass balls that move up and down depending if the balls lock into the concave holes of the rod. Look like I have to strip the whole thing down to get access to the switches which i dont have the confidence to do.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wave switch 2.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	173274  

Last edited by regenfreak; 23rd Nov 2018 at 1:37 am. Reason: typo
Old 23rd Nov 2018, 8:19 pm   #42
Ed_Dinning
Dekatron

Hi Sing, HT is fed into all the cans and is on the rear terminal strip. Try separating the HT and the SG supplies, gradually working from the terminal strip (which could be leaky) outwards, re connecting each wire in turn.

Ed
Old 23rd Nov 2018, 10:00 pm   #43
regenfreak
Heptode

Hi Ed thanks for your useful advice. I will have it another shot.
Closed Thread